8.14.2004

Chomsky...

Noam Chomsky the grand old man of dissent in America. Heard him on alternative radio last night, great speech. He always manages to cut through the clutter of poor thinking and inform me. Although his cerebral musings take on an almost unreal quality at times. I mean I agree with him about imperialism and America’s role in the world. At least I think I agree with him J. The thing is this, the longer he talks the less connected to reality I feel. The world he describes doesn’t seem to mesh with reality. That’s not to say that I think he’s wrong, but It’s like going down the rabbithole. Is he right that essentially we are programmed not understand what our government is doing. Whenever I disagree with him I wonder if I’m really disagreeing with him, or just exhibiting some sort of programmed response to reject what he has to say. Deep…