10.17.2004

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along...

Ahh Gawd….

The thing about blogging is that (SURPRISE!) sometimes I don’t actually have much to say. Not that I should let that stop me from saying something (ANYTHING). Just well you know…

Regardless of what my dear friends at the leftcoaster believe (don’t trust the polls the are all lies, unless they show Kerry winning.) the polls are not looking good. With no major events between now and the election it looks like Bush may just coast on in to victory. Strangely that doesn’t bother me (Okay it does bother me but I'm trying to be stoic).

Clarification: I accept many of the arguements that the disenters from the polls make. Many of these polls may be fatally flawed or biased, but so what? If your point is that we are being media manipluated then you are probably right. What do you want a cookie? Snark snark snark!

Why not? Well primarily because Kerry is a weak candidate. He has not impressed me as a man of ideals, rather he seems to be a political opportunist. A dilettante. A fucking Poser. Sorry maybe this is too harsh. I don’t know the man, I just can’t get excited about his politics. I’ve listened to his speeches. They are crap (not to be confused with CARP). He makes the same promises and dire predictions that the Dems make every four years. The Republicans are too busy trying to scare us about terrorists to make anything up these days. Are you afraid yet? no. Well just wait tell we tell you what those terrorists are up to…

I don’t know. I think that maybe domistic issue will be better addressed by a Kerry administration. The "War on Terror" will probably continue. It was after all Carter that first recognized the strategic importance of Oil. Lets be clear, this is and always will be about oil. Without oil America is nothing. We need it. We must protect it. Not that that is a bad thing, I can’t say, just that it is true.

1. No one ever went to war for the freedom of peoples on the other side of the globe.
2. If the terrorists didn’t happen to live in the places where all the oil is we would happily ignore them. Fundamentally the issue is that someday they may realize that the key to knocking America out is not through blowing up buildings, but by simply turning off the flow of oil. God help us then…

Cheers.