1.03.2005

Welcome to a brave new world…

Not really, actually it’s still the same world as it was before thye holidays just fatter and poorer. So sad. Actually not much of either of those for me, but for the average joe/jane that would be the case. The average American gains one to five pounds during the Holiday season. The Average person spends about $1000 on gifts during the holidays. Which tells me that the average person likes his freinds a hell of a lot more than I do. My friends got me on the phone saying "Marry Christmas" (cost = priceless as MasterCard might say).

I’m busy reading a book called "Don't Think of an Elephant: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate--The Essential Guide for Progressives". I’m rteally enjoying it. No surprises here, but it really clarifies the positions of the right and the left. I never really understood the conservative worldview before. IT is all based around the concept of the stern father (more on this later).

Still playing HL2. I’m playing deathmatch a lot. I wont bother to explain the term. I think that I’m enjoying it so much because it can be a very clean experience. There is no past and no future only the now. It is simultaniously focusing and escaping. IT forces you to concentrate so completely on the moment that you can’t think about your problems. That can be very liberating.